Stair Klad Engineered Oak Riser 1000mm
Oak Stair Cladding for your Stairs
Cheshire Mouldings Oak Stair Klad System is the perfect way to clad and create the warm and inviting look of an oak staircase without the expense and trouble of replacing your existing staircase.
Using Stair Klad Staircase Cladding and some basic DIY skills you can completely refurbish your softwood staircase in a matter of hours. Simply cut the oak treads and risers to size and stick them to your existing stairs, suitable for kite winders and mid landing areas
Stair Klad Stair Cladding Riser Specification
- Supplied in an Oiled Finish.
- Treads 1000 Wide x 235mm Deep x 12mm Thick
Stair Klad 1000mm Tread and Riser Usage
1000mm Treads and risers are used to clad your existing steps and riser boards that are up to 1000mm wide.If your existing step is deeper than 300mm the you will need to use the extension boards
It is necessary to apply a final coat of oil to this product after installation to protect the timber and ensure a consistent colour
We suggest you measure the width of your steps and buy the 1500mm treads and risers only if your step is wider than 1000mm. When cladding a winder step you may find that they are deeper than the 300mm Stair Klad Tread, all you need to do in this instance is purchase an extension board that connects to the back of the pre-grooved tread, extending it to the full with of your existing winder step.
Stair Klad Stair Cladding Fitting Instructions
Before you start your stair cladding installation please read the instructions fully and contact us if you have any queries.
You can down load the Stair Klad Fitting Instructions in PDF format by clicking this link Stair Klad Fitting Instructions
- Before you start, ensure that your existing steps and riser boards are clean, dry and free from uneven defects. We suggest you thoroughly sand the steps to ensure you get a good sound base for your new Stair Klad Treads and Riser
- Measure the existing bullnose protrusion from the existing riser board to the furthest point of the bullnose on the existing step. You can then cut packing strips from timber that will push the bottom of the Stair Klad Riser board out and in line with the end of your bullnose. We suggest that these packing strips are screwed into place for stability.
- Starting at the bottom of the staircase, measure and cut two Stair Klad Risers to size and glue them onto the packing strips using Flexible Polymer Adhesive. The top of the riser will be held in place by the Stair Klad Tread.
- Measure the depth and width and cut a Stair Klad Tread to size. Apply a 10mm bead of Flexible Polymer Adhesive to the top of your existing step
- Press the Stair Klad Tread onto the glue firmly ensuring the Stair Klad Riser fits securley into the groow on the bottom of the Stair klad Tread
- Continue up the stairs fitting riser boards first and the treads.
- If you reach a mid-landing or have large Kite Winder Steps then you will need to use the Stair Klad Extension Boards. Fix the Stair Klad tread and any ajoining riser boards first then cut the extension boards to size, Apply a good amount of polymer adhesive and push the boards together until the area is covered.
Stair Klad Fitting Instructions