Axxys Newel Bases
You will need to purchase the following parts to complete one Full Newel Post
- Newel Base (Unless you are using existing Newels)
- Metal Newel Base To Newel Turning Connector
- Metal Newel Post Ball Cap
Axxys is the ideal choice when a modern and contemporary look is desired for your home. Axxys features a combination of wooden handrails, newels and base rails with metal spindles and handrail connectors in either a chrome or brushed nickel finish. Axxys is is aimed at the competent DIY'er as the system is designed to be assembled using as few cuts of the timber as possible and the handrails, base rails and newels are supplied pre-finished with a clear lacquer saving you time during installation.
Newel Bases are optional, you can use existing newel bases please read the axxys origin fitting instructions
AXXYS Newel Bases
The Axxys Newel Bases are available in the following lengths. Please choose the required length using the drop down menu above.
- 650mm x 82mm x 82mm
- 740mm x 82mm x 82mm
- 950mm x 82mm x 82mm
- 1500mm x 82mm x 82mm
- 2000mm x 82mm x 82mm
- 2800mm x 82mm x 82mm
The Axxys newel bases are available in the following timbers. Please choose the required timber using the drop down menu above.
Newel Base Usage
Axxys Newel Bases are to be used to replace the existing newel bases on a staircase or landing. They need to be fitted centrally to the string of the stairs and if installed on a landing they should be run through the floorboards and secured to a joist.
Please Note- The Axxys Newel Bases are not supplied pre finished. Due to the cutting and shaping required to install them onto the string of your stairs any finish would likely be damaged during this process. The Axxys Newel Bases can be finished using a water based clear satin varnish to match the rest of the Axxys Stair Parts. Alternatively they can be painted if you wish.
AXXYS Origin Parts Guide
- Fit the newel bases or prepare your existing newels
- Fit the AXXYS Origin AXBC Newel Base Connector using the fixing provided
- Fit the AXXYS Origin Newel Turning to the connector
- Handrails are fitted to the Newel Turning using the AXUHR Handrail to Newel Connector
- Fit your AXPAT Patrice / Rosette to the wall and the handrail to the Patrice using the AXCOL Slim Connector. AXUHR Connectors can be used if desired
- Use the AXQT Horizontal 90° turn on the landing post to come back across the landing, AXCOL Slim Connector may be required to connect the handrail to the newel between the post and the Horizontal Turn
- Spindles are screwed to the Rails using the fixings provided (Always drill pilot holes in the rails before screwing)
Staircase Building Regulations
Handrail heights on the staircase are measured from the front bullnose of a step to the top of the handrail.
Spindles must not allow a sphere 100mm in diameter to pass between two spindles
If you are unsure, please contact us or your building inspector for new builds
Free Planning Service
Not sure what you need for your stairs?
Send us a plan or photographs of your stairs and we will be happy to work out the parts you need and supply you with a quote. Call 01691 671020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
AXXYS Origin Newel Bases
- Select Timber Pine or Oak
- Select Length 650mm, 740mm, 950mm, 1500mm, 2000mm or 2800mm
- 82mm x 82mm
- Supplied Unfinished
There are no reviews for this product at the moment
Please log in to leave a review