AXXYS Squared Stair Spindle Solution
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS RANGE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY THE SUPPLIER SO PLEASE ENSURE YOU BUY THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF PRODUCTS FOR YOUR PROJECT
AXXYS Squared Stair Spindles have been pre-cut and slot straight into the pre-grooved Oak hand and base rail and come Chrome Plated ready to be installed, no finishing or cutting involved.
AXXYS Squared Stair Solutions has been designed to fit simply to your existing or new stair newel posts. The Chrome handrail fixing bracket screws to the newel post making installation quick and easy for any competent DIY'er. The Oak Handrails and Oak Base rails are supplied pre-grooved to accept the stair or landing chrome square spindles and come complete with fillet strips for spacing the spindles. This system does away with all the different types of fittings which can confuse and complicate the project and offer just two different types of Chrome Handrail Connectors.
The AXXYS Squared system gives a fresh contemporary look to your staircase. The Chrome Squared Spindles, Squared Profile Hand Rail and Baserail can be fitted to your existing Newel Posts saving you time and money, or take advantage of our Special Offer Oak Newel Posts and change the look of your staircase overnight.
Squared Spindle Dimensions
Spindle Length 868mm
Spindle Thickness 20mm X 20mm
What AXXYS Squared Parts Do I Need
To complete a straight flight of stairs with a landing return you will need to buy the following AXXYS Squared Items
Up The Staircase
- AXXYS Square Chrome Stair Spindles - You need to measure your hand rail length between posts and divide the overall length in mm's by 110 and remove a spindle for the top newel and one for the bottom newel. Example, 3600mm handrail length 110 = 32 spindles less 2 for the top and bottom newel posts. Total stair spindles required = 30
- AXXYS Squared Oak Handrail and Base rail Kits with Fillet Strip- - Measure the distance between the newel posts to determine the length of Handrail or Base rail required
- AXXYS Squared Chrome Handrail Connectors - For the stairs you will need two AXXYS Squared handrail Connectors to connect the handrail to the newel posts. One for the top newel post and one for the bottom post. Select either Slim or fully adjustable connectors
- Oak Newel Posts - If you are replacing the newel posts then you will need two posts. One for the bottom of the staircase and one for the top of the staircase.
- AXXYS Squared Chrome Landing Spindles - You need to measure your handrail length between newel posts and divide the overall length in mm's by 110mm. Example 2000mm 110 = 18 Spindles
- AXXYS Squared Oak Hand and Base rail Kits including Fillet strip - Measure the distance between the top newel post and the half post against the wall or rosette to determine which rail kit to buy
- AXXYS Squared Chrome Landing Handrail Connector - One handrail Connector to connect the handrail to the Post against the wall and one for fitting the handrail to the newel post
- Chrome Squared Stair spindle
- Oak Squared Hand and Base Rail Kit
- Chrome Squared Hand Rail Connectors 1 x top 1 x bottom or 2 x Adjustable
- Oak Newel Posts
- Chrome Squared Landing Spindles
- Oak Squared Hand Rail and Base Rail Kit
- Chrome Squared Handrail Connectors x 2
- Oak wall Patrice
AXXYS Squared Stair Part Usage Guide
You will need to decide whether you are using existing newel posts or replacing. If you are using existing then measure the distance between posts to determine what lengths of hand and base rail you need. Secure the base rail to the staircase string by drilling the base rail from the top and secure down through the rail into the staircase string with suitable wood screws. The screw needs to be slightly counter sunk. The screw heads will be hidden by the fillet strips and spindles. To fix the AXXYS Squared Base rail to the landing simply drill the rail and secure it to the landing floor boards.
The handrail will need to be cut to size and screwed into the AXXYS Squared Handrail Connector, one connector for the top and one for the bottom newel. Offer the handrail up to the post and support by inserting an AXXYS Squared Chrome Stair Spindle into the base rail groove and handrail groove. This will give you the correct height to fix the second part of the handrail connector to the post so the section on the handrail can be slotted to the part fixed to the newel post
Once the handrail has been connected you can insert all the spindles up the stairs making sure there is not a gap between them more than 99mm to conform to UK Building Regulations. We recommend that you secure the spindles and fillet strips in place with a polymer adhesive or suitable silicone to stop and rattle of the spindles once fitted to the staircase
Your AXXYS Chrome Squared landing spindles should be fitted in the same way as the stairs
If you have a landing area then you may need to mitre the hand rail and base rail at 90 degrees from the top newel post to create your return back across the landing area, use the Chrome Landing Level 1/4 turn. The handrail can be finished against the wall by fitting the rail to a wall patrice using the straight Landiing connector or adjustable connector. The two part Landing Handrail Connectors make the job of connecting the rail to the post easy.
AXXYS Squared Help and Advice
Need help in getting the right components for your staircase, then just give us a ring on Oswestry 01691 671020 or email your plan to email@example.com