Unfinished Pine available in two lengths: 2400mm and 4200mm.
The Black Iron Balustrade System has been designed to give a modern look to your staircase without the need of fussy connecting brackets. The Black Iron Round Stair Spindles simply slot into the pre-drilled holes in the hand and base rails and secured on a bed of silicon.
This system can be used with any newel post in any timber, new or existing allowing you to mix Pine Rails with Oak Posts.
Leaving your existing newel posts in place makes the job quick and easy, refreshing your staircase in a matter of hours. Take away your existing hand and base rails and spindles and secure the Pine Black Iron Handrail and Base Rails to your existing newel posts and fix the pre-cut rake or landing Black Iron Spindles.
The Handrail & Base Rails are pre-drilled to accept the 14mm Round Black Iron Spindles.
The Black Iron system is the latest in the Contemporary Stairpart range from Cheshire Mouldings, and gives a fresh contemporary look to your staircase. The Black Iron Profile Hand Rail and Base rail can be fitted to your existing Newel Posts using the Universal Handrail Fixing Kit saving you time and money.
What Black Iron Balustrade Parts Do I Need?
To complete a straight flight of stairs with a landing return you will need to buy the following items from the Black Iron Range.
For your Staircase
- Black Iron Rake Spindles - You need to measure your hand rail length between posts and divide the overall length in mm's by 110.
- Black Iron Pine Handrail and Base Rail Kits with Fillet Strip- - Measure the distance between the newel posts to determine the length of Handrail or Base Rail required
- Newel Posts - If you are replacing the newel posts then you will need two posts. One for the bottom of the staircase and one for the top of the staircase. Remember to choose your newel cap for each newel post.
For Your Landing
- Black Iron Landing Spindles - You need to measure your handrail length between newel posts and divide the length by 110
- Black Iron Pine Hand and Base Rail - Measure the distance between the top newel post and the half post against the wall. If your handrail returns back across the landing, then you will need to mitre the handrail using a mitre saw to create the 90° bend
- Pine Newel Posts - If you are replacing the newel posts then you will need one half newel post to secure to the landing wall with a half newel cap.
Black Iron Stair Part Fitting Guide
You will need to decide whether you are using existing newel posts or replacing. If you are using existing, then measure the distance between posts to determine what lengths of hand and base rail you need. Secure the base rail to the staircase string by drilling the base rail from the top and secure down through the rail into the staircase string with suitable wood screws. The screw needs to be slightly counter sunk. The screw heads will be hidden Black Iron Spindles. To fix the Black Iron Pine Base rail to the landing simply drill the rail and secure it to the landing floor boards.
The handrail will need to be cut to size and joined to the newel posts with traditional mortise and tenon joints or using our universal handrail fixing kits. Offer the handrail up to the post and support by inserting a spindle into the base and handrail. This will give you the correct height to fix the handrail to the newel post.
Once the handrail has been fitted you can fit all the spindles into position We recommend that you secure the spindles in place with a polymer adhesive or suitable silicon to stop any potential rattle of the spindles once fitted to the staircase.
Your Black Iron landing spindles should be fitted in the same way as the stairs.
If you have a landing area, then you may need to mitre the hand rail and base rail at 90 degrees from the top newel post to create your return back across the landing area. The handrail can be finished against the wall by fitting the rail to a half newel post.
Free Stair Planning Service
Need help in getting the right components for your staircase, then just give us a ring on Oswestry 01691 671020 or email us and we will provide a quote.
Email your plans to firstname.lastname@example.org