Plain Square 41mm Spindle
Our traditional Benchmark stair spindles will give your staircase a contemporary look. The Plain Square range of stair parts spindles feature 41mm spindles and 90mm or 82mm newel posts in a choice of 5 different timber types each style offering a distinctive look for your stairs.
All spindles are supplied ready for you to apply your chosen finish unless otherwise specified
Choose from the following timbers
- Scandinavian Pine – Softwood. A yellowish wood with knots and natural character. All knots are sound and live. Suitable for staining, varnishing or painting
- Hemlock – Softwood. Light brown in colour. Naturally a clear material free of knots, however expect some black streak as natural character. Suitable for varnish, stain, oil or painting
- White Primed – Timber core with high grade primer applied ready for top coat of paint.
- White Oak – Hardwood. Light brown clear timber with very small knot if any. Will turn golden brown when finishing in either oil, stain or varnish.
- Ash – Hardwood. Very light in colour suitable for varnish, oil or stain
- Sapele – Dark Hardwood Furniture Grade Timber – Red in colour ideal for varnishing or oiling
Plain Square Spindle Dimensions
Our ranch of Benchmark Spindles are available in the following sizes. Please your required size.
- 41mm x 41mm x 900mm – For use on all stairs and landings in domestic setting
- 41mm x 41mm x 1100mm – For use on balcony applications and cut string staircases
Free Stair Planning – Plan your Stairs
Not sure what you need for your stairs?
Then use our free planning software “Plan Your Stairs” to help you decide what you need, send in your details and we will supply you with a quote.
Send us a plan or photographs of yours stairs and we will be happy to work out the parts you need and supply you with a quote
Call Blueprint Joinery on 01691 671020 or email email@example.com
Spindle Fitting Guide
Our spindles are supplied in two sizes. The 900mm spindles are used on both closed string staircases and landings. The 1100mm spindles are used on cut string staircases so that you have one 900mm spindles and one 1100mm spindle per tread. Spindles should be fitted to the handrails & base rails by gluing and cross pining them before installing the fillets/ spindle spacers between each of the spindles. N.B. All our handrails and base rails are supplied with spindle spacers.
Current building regulations state that a sphere of 100mm diameter should not be able to pass anywhere between two spindles. Spindles should not be spaced more than 99mm apart between the narrowest parts of the spindle.
To calculate the number of spindles required use the following.
Landing Spindles – Measure the length of your rail between posts in mm’s and divide this number by 121 and round up to give the number of spindles you require
Stair Spindles – As a rule two spindles per tread and deduct a spindle for every newel post
Plain Square Stair Spindles
41mm x 41mm x 900mm - Domestic Stairs
41mm x 41mm x 1100mm - Cut string staircase or Balcony
There are no reviews for this product at the moment
Please log in to leave a review